Download Version 4.1 of the Charter.
The Charter provides a suite of principles to enable:
- Better risk management.
- A framework for benchmarking digital access and preservation practice.
- A platform for sharing knowledge (e.g. practices, methodologies, typologies, evaluation criteria).
- A mechanism for measuring competitive advantage.
- A key to unlock the value of intellectual capital.
- Synergy and avoid redundancy.
- Communication and collaboration between the different players in the Digital Object Chain (DOC).